INVITATION SUITES - THE PROCESS
Let's start with a Congratulations on your Engagement and a thanks for giving us the opportunity to make your day as special as can be. We know you've got a lot of other things to think about so let's get started, shall we?
Our Classic Suite features an Invitation, a Response card, a Details card, Calligraphy on the Invitation and Response card envelopes, and Letterpressed return addresses on the Invitation and Response card envelopes. A Save the Date card is a very popular addition.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
Typically, 12 weeks are required to design and complete your Suite with the proper care it deserves. This could change based on the amount of calligraphy required and complexity of the artwork. Other important dates to consider:
- 6-8 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE WEDDING: save the date cards sent
- 3 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING: destination wedding invitations sent
- 6-8 WEEKS BEFORE THE WEDDING: invitations sent
- 3-4 WEEKS BEFORE THE WEDDING: RSVP date
Getting married in September? Gotta get rolling in April. Getting a little behind schedule? We get it; we'll do our best to work with you.
PINTEREST: We invite you to create a Pinterest board (or equivalent) with your Inspirations and preferences; we find it works great as a collaboration tool to refine the style and aesthetic that we will eventually achieve. Your 'board' along with our email chain will be our primary modes of communication; and of course we can chat via phone or Skype as we see fit.
PAPER GOODS, PRINTING STYLE and QUANTITY
in order to provide you with our most accurate cost estimate, ideally we'd decide on the following:
PAPER STOCK: The 2 things that most affect the cost are:
- WEIGHT (#): The heavier the weight, the higher the cost
- DUPLEX: the process of permanently adhering two sheets of paper back-to-back, resulting in double thickness. An impressive presentation.
PRINTING STYLE: Most of our Suites use a combination of Digital printing and Letterpress. Our all digital suites are the most cost effective:
- DIGITAL: $, unlimited colors, smooth texture great for watercolor imagery, medium to heavy weight paper
- LETTERPRESS: $$, one color at a time, added elegance and beauty, inked impression on heavy weight paper
- FOIL: $$$, one color at a time, a simple yet bold statement, metallic impression on heavy weight paper
ESTIMATE AND CONTRACT
After we review your 'board' together and decide on a quantity, we will provide a Cost Estimate and an Estimated Timeline for your Suite. A deposit of 50% of your estimated design cost total is due at this time.
We'll need the text that you'd like to appear in your Suite (a Word doc or email is fine,) and we'll get started.
Based on our Timeline, we'll provide a PDF document of your Suite. Elegantly presented in actual size
REVISIONS: ROUND 1
To refine the design and wording
REVISIONS: ROUND 2
If necessary, to make final modifications
* any further revision rounds are $200 each and will add approximately 1-2 weeks to the timeline,
depending on the amount and details being revised
FINAL PROOF APPROVAL
You'll sign off for approval on spelling, ink and paper descriptions, etc.
FINAL DESIGN FILE RELEASE
Final files are sent to print!
After your Suites are received and weighed, final payment (incl. shipping costs) is due.
Many factors affect the total price of your Suite. Your investment in our Classic Suite begins at $2000. Additional costs include printing, calligraphy, and tax.